Drums in the Sky - SOTO/AIR - CA
Drums in the Sky - SOTO/AIR - CA
Drums of the Sky - Distillation of Essence and the journey towards Freedom
Full Immersion in the Element of Air - Intensive and experiential exploration of Air through creativity, drum-journeys, lectures, movement, and group sharing.
This program is by invitation only. Participants need to have attended at least another Intensive (better if more than one). If you are in doubt, please contact Mariabruna (email@example.com).
February 6-10, 2019 at the Mataganza space in Live Earth Farm - Corralitos
On the 6th, we start at 4pm. On the 10th we close after a late lunch (calculate 3pm). We will dedicate one evening to be creative with the feathers we bring (there will be feathers available as well). We can decide together which is the best evening, in case someone needs to commute.
We start promptly at 9am, break for lunch, rest/walk, gather again around 3:00 and close at about 6:30 for dinner. Exact time will change depending on the group’s needs.
PLEASE READ THE DETAILS BELOW
There are only 12 spaces available. Your space is confirmed when registration is received.
Please, fill up the registration and bring cash or check at arrival. If you wish to send a check ahead of time, ask Cathy for the address. If you wish to pay by credit card, please ask Mariabruna to send an invoice. Thank you!
There is a possibility for a few participants to "camp" or "glamp" at the farm. If you are interested let me know immediately. Otherwise we recommend you make a reservation in Watsonville, either at the Comfort Inn or at Motel 6 (they are the closest hotels to the farm). There is a Best Western closer to Watsonville downtown. You may also visit Airbnb (Watsonville, Freedom, Corralitos are nearby possibilities).
If you wish to “camp” inside the “temple”, please bring a pad/futon, a sleeping bag, your pillow, and a towel. The shower is 2 walking minutes away (or less). The room is warm and dry.
Simple lunches are included in the Intensive fee. If you need special foods, please do bring them with you. Breakfast and dinner are “on your own”, but we have managed to share dinners and prepare them in the barn. If you are staying at Mataganza, please bring food for your breakfasts. In any case, if you wish to share dinners, bring some food to share (or for yourself). The usual refrigerator will be available.
· A journal, notebook, or writing pad.
· A pen.
· A fuchsia, silver, golden or white candle (to take back home).
· You may bring your favorite images or a special magazine to cut and collage but you are not required to do so.
· Any favorite scissors or glue, and some blank cards if you are using a size different than 5X8. Additional tools and materials will be provided by the instructor as needed.
· bring your deck of SoulCollage® cards.
· For the drum journeys, bring a shawl or a pillow, anything that may make you more comfortable during the relaxation. Many like to have a special cloth to cover their eyes during the journeys.
· Optional decorations such as a shawl, a cup, or a special object in (or colored as) silver and/or gold, to beautify our Altaria (sacred center)
· Any time piece (like a hourglass), feathers (or feather “fans”) of any kind, to beautify our Altaria (sacred center)
Please dress in layers, and bring something to keep your feet warm in the room. Shoes are to be left at the door.
AIR: The Distillation of Essence, and the journey towards Freedom.
The Element of Air invites us to befriend change, the flowing of time and simplicity in order to find freedom in the expression of our essential nature. Entering its rarefied yet life-giving field strengthen the wings of dreams, both practically and spiritually. This immersion in Air expands heart and soul from the uniquely personal all the way to the Transpersonal.