SoulCollage® Facilitator Training Information
Are you already enjoying SoulCollage® for yourself? Then you must have discovered what a creative and empowering tool it is, and perhaps feel the call to share it with others in your community, in groups you belong to, or in a school.
If you are a therapist, a coach, a spiritual director, a teacher or involved in any other helping profession SoulCollage® might be the tool you are looking for to elicit more creativity, “soul” play, empowerment, and insights from your clients and students.
Attend a SoulCollage® Facilitator Training and gain deeper understanding of this method’s potential to use for yourself and for others, and acquire the privilege of calling yourself a SoulCollage® Facilitator along with many other benefits.
The Training is for anyone who wants to facilitate SoulCollage® for self-discovery in groups and with individuals. There are no degrees or academic requirements, but please read the prerequisites (see below) before you come to a Training.
The Facilitator Training is different from a SoulCollage® retreat or workshop, even though in both settings a participant may experience deep personal process. The primary focus of a SoulCollage® Training is to teach participants to be SoulCollage® Facilitators. We expect that you are taking the Training because SoulCollage® has been meaningful to you in your own process, and you are eager to share SoulCollage®, even if you are not clear just how you will be doing that. Many people become clear about how they will use SoulCollage® during or even after a Training.
After participating and completing all sessions of the Training, participants receive a certificate of completion conferring the right to use the name "SoulCollage®" in the title of their groups or workshops and to call themselves "SoulCollage® Facilitators."
Mariabruna welcomes Facilitators who wish to take the Training again. Those who have already done so highly encourage friends and colleagues to do the same. Mariabruna offers an appealing discount to all returning Facilitators. Please contact her for details.
Scroll down to find dates for the upcoming Trainings. Read about the general scope of the Training at the end of this page.
I Corsi di Formazione per diventare Facilitatori di SoulCollage® in Italiano
hanno luogo una volta all'anno, in genere in primavera.
What is the Training about? What does it offer?
This training is for you if you:
- Are interested in forming a new SoulCollage® group
- Want to introduce SoulCollage® in an already established group (such as a church group, woman’s group, senior group, hospice network, educational class…etc.)
- Want to use this simple art technique in connection with other kinds of groups, classes, or workshops
- Are a therapist or art therapist who is attracted to learning more about how to use SoulCollage® for healing, therapeutic purposes
- Are a minister/spiritual guide of any faith who wants to facilitate SoulCollage® in your ministry and use it to build community
- Are a teacher, artist, administrator, workshop facilitator, mother-daughter team leader, social worker, Scout leader, nurse, dream group leader, or anyone interested in personal growth or the healing arts
Participants make cards, share cards, and use their own processes as teaching examples for the group in learning how to facilitate SoulCollage® work.
We learn how to do “readings” which use our own intuition to deepen self-knowledge. We learn creative applications and how to adapt the process to different populations. We work towards constructing a plan that fits participants intended uses of the technique.
Training participants network with each other and share how to adapt the SoulCollage® process to their clientele.
No degree or other credentialing is needed to register for this course other than enthusiasm for the process and its use in one’s own life. These are the chief criteria for participation in the training.
Why People Become Facilitators:
Over the years we have heard many reasons why people have been drawn to train as a SoulCollage® Facilitator. Not everyone who attends a Training always fits neatly into one of these categories, but in addition to enthusiasm for one’s personal experience of making and using SoulCollage® cards, these are the reasons that are most often shared with us:
- Non-artists struggling to express their longing to be creative appreciate that there is no wrong or right way in SoulCollage®; the process is simple, fun and profound. Anyone able to manage scissors and glue can create beautiful cards and enjoy sharing them with others.
- Therapists, counselors, nurses and other helping professionals find a creative way to work with their clients that goes beyond words and concepts, one that provides direct experiential access to intuition, insight and transformation.
- Healers and people seeking to heal see in SoulCollage® a gentle yet deep self-care method that reveals their inner guidance by exploring and “becoming” images and by using their cards to do SoulCollage® readings.
- Artists interested in bringing a new dimension to their art find a spiritually-infused process that they can share with others, a creative threshold to surprising revelations, greater self-understanding and the enriching acceptance of the light and shadow at play in our lives.
- Anyone who values participating in and building learning communities based on mutual respect, support, and a commitment to care for self and others are drawn to learn and share SoulCollage®.
- People looking for a way to give back to their communities, families, friends, children, church groups, women’s/men’s groups, hospices and other organizations see SoulCollage® as an opportunity to support the growth and well-being of others and themselves.
- Individuals seeking spiritual renewal and a creative way to access their deeper guidance and wisdom.
Preparation and Prerequisites
No degrees or certifications are necessary to take this training, but in order for everyone to enter the Training with similar basic experience, it is required that participants be sufficiently familiar with the method to participate actively in the Training’s many experiential activities.
The Facilitator Training is not designed to teach the basics of the method, it is rather a deepening and an expanding of its uses with the aim to prepare participants to facilitate it.
So, to take full advantage of their investment of time, resources and money, it is highly recommended that participants come sufficiently prepared.
Before you come, to a Training, it is important to:
- Read SoulCollage® Evolving
- Listen to Seena Frost's two basic CDs (Introduction to SoulCollage® and Facilitating SoulCollage® in Groups) - Both are also available for purchase and digital download at the iTunes store.
- Make several cards for your own deck in three of the suits (one card in the Companions Suit is sufficient). We want you to have a working knowledge of the SoulCollage® process, its structure of suits, and its Principles.
- Experience SoulCollage®! Mariabruna Sirabella, SoulCollage® Trainer, has said that making cards without reading them is like preparing a delicious meal and not eating it. We would like you to have enjoyed your meal by
- Using the "I Am One Who..." exercise with your cards yourself
- Taking a local workshop if you can find one, or a recorded course if you can't find a local one.
If you can't find a SoulCollage® Introductory workshop near you, you can take a recorded video course which will give you a sense of the deep potential of the SoulCollage® process in community and also give you some valuable basic information. There are two "Fundamentals of SoulCollage®" courses to choose from online:
- Introduction to the Fundamentals of SoulCollage® with Mariabruna Sirabella
- Introduction to the Fundamentals of SoulCollage® with Kat Kirby
If you decide to sign up for this Training, please schedule your time to complete these prerequisites. Your Trainer and your Training colleagues will appreciate that you have completed the basics before you come.
This four-day SoulCollage® Facilitator Training is required in order to call yourself a SoulCollage® Facilitator and your groups SoulCollage® Groups. Please read Principles of SoulCollage® and SoulCollage® FAQ. If you want to use SoulCollage® in your work, you MUST prepare for and complete all sessions of the Facilitator Training.
We also request that participants bring all of their SoulCollage® cards when they come to the training weekend.
To receive a certificate of completion a participant must attend and complete ALL sessions of this training.
Individuals who complete all sessions of the SoulCollage® Training will receive a certificate of completion and may use the SoulCollage® trademark in doing individual or group work according to the Principles of SoulCollage®. Thus, SoulCollage® trains, rather than "certifies," Facilitators.
What the Facilitator Covers
Mariabruna and her assistant/s will teach using her extensive experience of facilitating SoulCollage® in groups since 1998. This training includes:
- How to create a safe, supportive environment where workshop attendees are empowered to trust their intuition and explore their own stories
- Various ways to facilitate card-making so that the experience of SoulCollage® is fun, joyful and healing for all participants
- Written and oral exercises to use with groups and individuals to help them deepen their understanding of their cards, and to enhance their relationship with their Deck
- Ideas for facilitating SoulCollage® card readings
- Examples of how to encourage card makers without being judgmental
- Participation in several activities throughout the weekend that help us to create sacred space during SoulCollage® workshops, retreats, and individual practice
- A variety of formats for leading introductory workshops and discussions of ways to adapt the process for specific audiences and groups
- Help with posting your facilitator bio and workshops on the SoulCollage® website
- Connection to many resources available to our few thousand SoulCollage® Facilitators worldwide
- In-depth review of the SoulCollage® Principles and copyright issues, as well as the Ethics of being a Facilitator of this wonderful process
- Follow-up support from Mariabruna as needed
Feedback from Previous Training Participants
"I gained much more confidence and understanding of both the simplicity and the complexity of SoulCollage(R), and the value of doing the work with integrity both professionally and personally". Nissa J.
"I feel deep gratitude to Mariabruna and Cathy for their excellent organization and facilitation of the Training. I felt cared for and all my needs looked after. Mariabruna's teaching was clear and organized. The depth of her knowledge is amazing. I particularly appreciated the unconditional positive regard she had for all the participants, her patience, and her open heart" Linda Kessler
"Wonderful. Rich. Empowering. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Kathy Daigle
The Training fee: inclusions vary depending on the location, make sure you read the specific information for each Training
- lodging at the facility unless otherwise specified
- meals unless otherwise specified
- tea, coffee, water & snacks unless otherwise specified
- all training sessions
- all materials, including lots of blank cards and an abundance of images
- a year’s membership in the International SoulCollage®Facilitators’ Circle
- subscription to the SoulCollage® Facilitator monthly e-newsletter (the Neter Letter)
- an invitation to join the collaborative SoulCollage®Facilitator list serve (Yahoo group)
- follow up support from Mariabruna and local regional facilitator groups
CEU's - please contact Mariabruna at least 4 weeks before the starting date
SoulCollage Inc. (Provider #133654) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for California licensed LMFTs, MCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. SoulCollage Inc. maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Some SoulCollage® Facilitator Training events may be able to award CEUs to LMFTs, MSWs, LPCs, nurses and psychologists (but if so, only by pre-arrangement with your Mariabruna arranged at least 4 weeks before the Training's starting date) Please inquire about the availability of CEUs for a particular Training or a particular license or a particular state by writing to Mariabruna.
The ATCB (Art Therapy Credentials Board) has for a long time accepted SoulCollage® Institute and SoulCollage® Facilitator Training CEUs for continuing education credit for ATR-BCs, because these courses were accepted for continuing education credits by the California Board of Behavior Sciences mental health licensure board. Participants who need CEUs for AtR-BC licenses, please check with the ATCB.
A full refund, less a $75 processing fee, will be given at the cancellation of a SoulCollage® Facilitator Training registration as long as the cancellation is received up to one month prior to the training. No refund or credit is given for cancellations made with less than one month notice, if you fail to attend, or if you leave the event early, unless someone is able to take your place at short notice from our waiting list. Some exceptions may be made for sudden incapacitating illness or family emergencies, depending on our agreement with the retreat center. You might be able to apply a partial credit toward another SoulCollage® Facilitator Training led by Mariabruna within the next 12 months.
Differently-Abled Participant Information
Please ask the Trainer about how it may be possible to accommodate special needs in a particular Training and its setting. Most public retreat or hotel facilities in the U.S. are accessible to those with physical mobility issues. It is important that a participant is able to be present for, participate in, and complete all sessions in the Training. The few days are packed with exercises and information in order to make the Training financially accessible to more people, and this can sometimes be arduous, especially for people who are challenged in terms of energetic stamina. There is a lot of sitting, some movement exercises (which could be modified), and dyadic and group sharing. One deaf participant brought her own translator for whom she paid the fee and the shared accommodations fee. Several have been able to bring their service dogs to Trainings. Many have been able to participate in and complete the Training while in wheelchairs or on crutches.